With 2018 finally and fully out the door, it’s time to think about resolutions. I don’t like resolutions because those kind of changes-with-a-deadline never end up sticking and only prove to stress me out more than they should. So instead of “new year, new me”, my plan is to really set realistic goals.
- I want to stop being so hard on myself all the time
- I want to make more time for writing (and will be participating in Leigh Bardugo’s #BAYMTGO challenge this year)
- I want to practice writing my first novel’s query letter every month until the manuscript is finished
- I want to read 100 books
- I want to do my best to stick to a set TBR each month
- I want to conquer some series I keep putting off (Game of Thrones, Throne of Glass, and Outlander)
And with these resolutions, comes my TBR list for January! I don’t have a set order that I’ll be reading these in but these are the eight novels I’m hoping to read this month. If you want to do a buddy read for any of these, then just let me know!!
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- Slayer by Kiersten White (ARC)
- The Matchmaker’s List by Sonya Lalli (ARC)
- Rough Animals by Rae DelBianco
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon
- Strange Days by Constantine Singer
- The Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle (ARC)
- (and if I have time to take part in the Buzzfeed Bookclub this month) My Sister, The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
Here’s to 2019 hopefully not being the dumpster fire that was my 2018. Here’s to making things better for myself and not putting so much energy into toxic people or relationships that aren’t going anywhere.