March wasn’t a very good month.
I let my anxiety get the best of me and as a result I made a lot of mistakes and wasted a lot of my own time. I only finished one of the several books I was hoping to get to and really only read three books total. Not the best in terms of my usual.
That being said I also came to the conclusion that even wrap-up posts put a lot of pressure on me to be reading as often as I can be, which isn’t always realistic. Instead what I need to focus on is writing reviews when I finish the books I’m reading (oops).
I’m hoping things can quiet down a bit come April, and that I can focus on staying away from screens and get through some of the heftier books with the help of Audible (which I am loving right now). This is also why I’m breaking my own small-TBR rule and picking a bunch of things so here’s the list!
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas — as part of the read-a-long this month
- Becoming by Michelle Obama — switching between Audible and the physical copy of the book every few chapters
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan — officially out tomorrow (April 2, 2019)
- Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon — will be using Audible for this beast that I wasn’t able to get to in March
- Pet Sematary by Stephen King
- The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling — officially out April 19, 2019! Thanks to the author for my ARC
- Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey — for the next IGTV episode of Fantasy Flashback (watch the first episode here, the transcript/written review is coming soon)
So that’s it for now! Lots of reading to do to make up for the missteps in March. What are you reading this month?