MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US THIS GLORIOUS MAY!
I love the month of May. It’s my mum’s birthday (which we always have fun on – this year, we’re going to see Michelle Obama!), Star Wars Day, as well as just a general sci-fi themed time in my household because of my great love for Star Wars.
So for this May, I wanted to do something really fun.
I mentioned yesterday that I’m taking a break from the Throne of Glass read-a-long to do a huge binge read of the 10-book X-Wing Series by Michael A. Stackpole and Aaron Allston over the course of the month. I’ve been itching to get to this series since I found the first eight books in one of my favourite used bookstores and then my amazing friend, Reggie, found the ninth book for me in the classic mass-market edition! I debated on picking up the final book due to mixed reviews I saw, but then figured, what the hell, let’s do all ten books to keep it rounded out and picked up the Legends reprint edition.
While this is not a read-a-long, I figured – for the sake of other Star Wars fans – I’d still post my reading schedule if anyone wants to binge read with me.
The Book Order
- Rogue Squadron – Michael A. Stackpole
- Wedge’s Gamble – Michael A. Stackpole
- The Kryptos Trap – Michael A. Stackpole
- The Bacta War – Michael A. Stackpole
- Wraith Squadron – Aaron Allston
- Iron Fist – Aaron Allston
- Solo Command – Aaron Allston
- Isard’s Revenge – Michael A. Stackpole
- Starfighters of Adumar – Aaron Allston
- Mercy Kill – Aaron Allston
Be sure to let me know what you think of the series if you read along and/or if you’ve already read it! I can’t wait to dive in and get behind Wedge Antilles himself!