I had set a big reading goal for May, to read all 10 of the Star Wars: X-Wing Series books. But with work and life wreaking havoc on my mental health, that didn’t happen.
I read one book this month and that was the first X-Wing book, Rogue Squadron.
June for me is set to be an even rougher month (for reasons that can be explained in this post from last year) but I’m going to do my best to get through a reasonable list of books of all genres to keep myself from getting sucked into an even bigger reading slump.
The number of books I read is so directly connected to my mental health it’s probably strange, but I do want to make up for being something of a vegetable this month. My goal is four books to actually finish even if the list is longer than that.
June TBR List:
- Killing Floor (Jack Reacher #1) by Lee Child
- The Assassin’s Blade (Throne of Glass #0.5) by Sarah J. Maas
- Red Rising (Red Rising #1) by Pierce Brown
- The Beautiful by Renée Ahdieh
- The Curse of the Werepenguin by Allan Woodrow
- The Power of the Dog by Don Winslow (audiobook)
I’m also doing a two-man bookclub with a good friend of mine and we’ll be reading through A Song of Ice and Fire together so even if I don’t finish it this month, I’ll be reading Game of Thrones this month as well.
Tell me what you’re reading this month!